Follow SI.com’s Football Bloggers This WeekendPosted: September 9, 2011
With the college football embarking on its second weekend and the NFL season kicking off last night, SI.com’s bloggers have you covered. So who is it that will keep you updated on everything that happens on and off the gridiron this fall? Get to know the folks behind our college football blog, Campus Union, and our NFL blog, Audibles.
Campus Union: Holly Anderson (@SIHolly)
A 2005 graduate of Tennessee (also the alma mater of her parents), Holly Anderson has written for some of the more influential college football sites on the web. She spent four years at the wildly popular Every Day Should Be Saturday and helped inaugurate both Yahoo! Sports’ Dr. Saturday—where she was Matt Hinton’s counterpart for two seasons—and SB Nation’s college football page, for whom she was the first editor. And foodies take note: Holly’s attempting to grow a strain of lethal English hybrid hot peppers in her backyard.
Here’s what readers can expect from Holly on a weekly basis:
- Friday: Saturday Storylines (what to watch for each Saturday – click here to read this week’s entry)
- Saturday: Snap Judgments (initial thoughts from the biggest games)
- Monday: Monday Awards (recognizing the weekend’s best performances)
- Wednesday: Non-AQ Report (the latest news from outside the BCS conferences)
Audibles: Chris Burke (@ChrisBurke_SI)
Burke arrives at SI after three seasons at AOL FanHouse as the NFL editor. A native of East Grand Rapids, Mich., Burke is a die-hard Michigan fan. He went to UM and, like Holly Anderson, shares an alma mater with his parents. He started off covering the Maize and Blue as a blogger for MLive.com and also created and ran The Detroit Sports Site.
Here’s what readers can expect from Chris on a weekly basis:
- Monday: Play of the Week (breaking down “film” of a prominent play)
- Tuesday: Coach Killers (highlighting one player’s performance that frustrated his coach)
- Thursday: Bet On It (random events you can count on happening Sunday)